Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jacob's First Day of Preschool

















Jacob had his first day of preschool today! I was actually really excited for him, not sad like a lot of my friends seem to be this week, sending their kids off to preschool. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher and I know how great it'll be for him, or maybe it's because I'm looking forward to having one at home three mornings a week.... :) I do think I'll be sad next fall as he goes to kindergarten because my precious time with him during the day will be gone...but I won't dwell on that yet! At least I have one more year! I better make the most of it!



Jacob had no problem going into his classroom, finding a seat, starting a puzzle. No tears, no clingyness, nothing! So that was awesome. Zach on the other hand thought that he should be going to school, too. I think in his mind he's the same age as Jacob since they can do everything together now (except he can't go on the bigger rides yet at Six Flags like Jacob!). So he cried all the way out to the car and halfway home. He wanted to go to school and he wasn't going to let me forget that. It was actually pretty cute. I couldn't help but smile! :)

Afterwards he was pretty quiet and I had to ask a lot of questions to hear about it. He was most impressed with waterpainting and reading, "The Kissing Hand." Great book, for those of you with preschoolers! I actually found it on youtube later and we listened to it together. But now he's been starting to bring up things he liked, so I'm slowly learning more and more about his morning.



Here are some pics from this morning and from preschool orientation last week. Enjoy! :)










1 comment: